The Research Centre on Globalization and Foreign Direct Investments at the University of Economics – Varna was established in December 2014 accoridng to a decision of the Academic Council. The Center is a unit for carrying out theoretical and applied research and educational activities in the sphere of global economics, international economic relations, foreign direct investments (FDI), and the activities of transnational corporations in the global and national economy.
Some of the main tasks of The Research Center are:
- To perform theoretical and empirical research on globalization issues, FDI, politics in FDI on global scientific level by applying teamwork, project and program principles.
- To attract and bring together teachers from different departments of UE – Varna for research in the given scientific field and gradually to develop FDI in one of the main scientific priorities of UE – Varna.
- To attract external researche in the development of different projects – well-known Bulgarian economists and foreign FDI specialists.
- To organize scientific conferences, roundtables, and other forums to promote research results and to raise the prestige of the Center and UE – Varna as a major research center.
- To build sustainable relationships with public bodies on local and national level and to use the results of the Center’s research to influence the policy towards FDI in Bulgaria.
- To establish lasting relationships with other research centers in the country and abroad and to build research networks.
- To stimulate scientific research of students and PhD students in the given thematic field; to enriche the learning process in covering the processes of globalization of the economy, the movement of FDI and other important economic processes.
Varna University of Economics
Research Centre on Globalization and Foreign Direct Investments
Knyaz Boris I Blvd. №77