Goals and purposes
Faculty of Finance and Accounting at University of Economics – Varna is one of the leaders in training of economists. The academic and scientific activities of the faculty are focused on the achievement of the following goals:
- Planning, programming and management of the educational process in accordance with the best practices of European academic community.
- Active participation in national and European scientific projects.
- Expanding opportunities for exchange of experience and information with foreign scientific and educational institutions.
- Training personnel who are beneficial for business and society.
- Building, formation and development of theoretical and practical knowledge in the market economy.
- Creating conditions for obtaining extensive and thorough financial-economic knowledge.
- Flexibility of graduates in their integration into the corporate sector, both in Bulgaria and abroad.
To achieve these objectives, Faculty of Finance and Accounting has set the following tasks:
- Training which provides not only theoretical knowledge but practical skills.
- Training which gives opportunities for incorporation into the international labor market.
- Encouraging the development of scientific activities in order to ensure optimization in practice.
- Maintaining the achieved high quality education in line with European academic standards.
- Participation in national and European scientific projects.
- Encouraging the development of professional skills and expertise, and the mobility of students and teachers
- Encouraging research and accelerating the academic development.
- Publication of more textbook and user guides for the different disciplines.
- Organization and participation in symposiums, seminars and conferences in Bulgaria and abroad.